Enterprise Solution Architect, eHealth (Ottawa, ON):
Only Professionals with IM/IT/IS experience need apply.
Must be Canadian resident.
** If your experience and skills does not match this role; please send your updated MS Word resume quoting desired roles, such as: Solution Architect, Enterprise Business Architects, Enterprise Application Architects, Enterprise Technology Architects, Enterprise Security Architects or Enterprise System Designers quoting respective roles.
On behalf of our client, OCI is seeking an eHealth Enterprise Solution Architect to support the program area architecture portfolio. The portfolio includes, but is not limited to, providing architecture oversight and guidance various initiatives:
Mandatory Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 10+ years IT architecture experience including architecture planning, management, associated methods and processes.
- 6+ years experience in applications architecture and maintenance within the health industry.
Desired Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in a role requiring knowledge of privacy and security issues relating to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and the Health Information Act (HIA).
- 2+ years knowledge of Integrating the Health Enterprise (IHE)
- 10+ years demonstrated experience with creating and implementing HL7 messages.
- 5+ years experience with Enterprise Master Person Index/Master Data Management and Client Registries.
- 10+ years demonstrated hands-on architecture experience with the following systems: 1) Diagnostic Imaging RIS/PACS, 2) Laboratory Systems, 3) Cross Document Sharing (XDS), and/or 4) Pharmacy Information Systems.
- 5+ years experience with architectures for Provincial Health. Information Exchange system.
- University degree in Computer Science or related areas.
- 5+ years experience creating architecture deliverables that help guide project and initiative planning. This includes, for example, current state architectures, future state architectures, architecture gap assessments, as well as architecture roadmaps to remediate the gap.
Reporting to the Director of Architecture Service the eHealth Solution Architect will:
- Perform architecture quality assurance and provide oversight on application development and maintenance projects related to the eHealth initiatives within the architecture portfolio;
- Perform architecture quality assurance and provide oversight on other initiatives as may be required;
- Ensure that the department’s program architects and contracted service providers are made aware of the department’s project dependencies, key changes, and opportunities;
- Document significant project architectural decisions;
- Collaborate with organization architects to design and create integrated solutions between the department and the organization;
- Provide the organization managers with early advice to ensure that project scope reflects all architectural opportunities and captures key dependencies;
- Incorporate project architecture solutions back into the eth organization Enterprise Architecture Repository for future leverage;
- Provide advanced technical troubleshooting for high impact application defects and production outages;
- Provide technical leadership by engaging in application development process improvement with the department’s contracted service providers;
- Create architecture planning documents required for the evolution or replacement of clinical information systems within the overall organization:
- Current State architecture of clinical information systems to support the planning required to evolve or to replace clinical information systems.
- Target future state architecture for clinical information systems.
- Architecture Road map which describes the sequencing of events that must occur to evolve or replace clinical information systems in the organization.
- Create an architecture plan to support the public Health IT strategy. The architecture plan must include:
- An integrated approach for managing vaccine and immunization information.
- A shared analytics environment to support population health surveillance that could be shared by multiple stakeholders.
- Create an HL7 messaging architecture that simplifies clinical system replacement and adoption.
- Create current state architectures, future state architectures, architecture gap assessments, as well as architecture ‘roadmaps’ to remediate architectural gaps that may exist pertaining to enterprise applications.
- Create and maintain architectural standards and guidelines with the organization Enterprise Architecture Repository; and
- Create proof-of-concept and application prototypes that explore architectural concepts.
The eHealth Solution Architect will provide the following deliverables:
- Written reviews of project solution architectures that will be incorporated as feedback to application development and maintenance activities;
- Architecture standards and principles to be incorporated with the organization Enterprise Architecture Repository;
- Proof of concept and application prototypes to explore architectural concepts, including reports outlining findings and recommendations; and
- Architecture deliverables, using PMO Framework templates, that help guide project and initiative planning. This includes current state architecture, future state architectures, architecture gap assessments, and architecture ‘roadmaps’.
Location: Toronto, On
Start Date: Jan, 2016
Assignment Length: 1 year, with One (1) year extension.
How to Apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. We will retain your resume for other upcoming relevant roles.
Please send your updated MS Word resume quoting eESA-151239 and include:
- 3 key skills with years of experience
- Work location desired
- Rate expectation
OCI Inc . is Canadian based Information Technology (IT) Service Company headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Ottawa and Calgary. We have been successfully working with the private and public sector in Canada, USA and globally since 1998 .
Job Type: Contract
- Enterprise Solution Architecture (Health Care, eHealth): 7 years